This post was updated with improved functionality on August 28, 2018. To watch the video on how to create business units, scroll to the bottom of the page.
Business units can be added on Pazien by mapping, or assigning, merchant IDs (MIDs) to a hierarchy. Creating business units allows you to easily drill into arms of the business that are most important to you.
Customers can assign multiple business unit tiers by region, brands within the business, websites, store locations, ecomm vs. retail, deposits vs. withdrawals, and more. In addition, Pazien account admins can add or restrict access to business units for users within the business.
Business units, coupled with payments filters, give you easy access to the data you want to explore.
Access the business unit manager
There are two ways you can access the business unit manager:
- Click on your profile in the top right corner and select Business unit manager.
- Click on All levels next to the name of your business in the top left corner and select the gear icon.
- If you do not see a Business unit manager or All levels option, but would like to create business units, reach out to email@example.com for a list of your MIDs.
Once clicked into the business unit manager, you can see a list of any business units that are set up for your business on the left side. If there’s a chevron icon next to any tier, that means that tier can be expanded to reveal child tiers.
Create business units
From the business units view, you can either add new tiers, or edit existing tiers. For the following example, imagine you want to add more tiers to the Widgets ROW (rest of world) business unit.
- From the business unit manager, click on All levels and select the folder icon in the header.
- Name the business unit what you’d like and press enter. Add as many new business units as needed.
- Click on Widgets ROW to reveal the MIDs that make up that business unit.
- Click and drag the MIDs from Widgets ROW into the newly created business units. The selected business unit will highlight green when you place the MID over it.
- Click and drag the newly created business units to Widgets ROW to nest them under that business unit.
Business unit tiers
Once you map your MIDs, business units are accessible from the All levels dropdown menu. All levels represents the entire business, while the dropdown menu shows the tiers you can click into.
In the example below, business units were created by region. The (+) icons represent tiers that can be expanded to reveal additional tiers to drill into.
Business unit icons
- *You can also drag and drop MIDs to listed business units.
- **A business unit cannot be deleted if there are MIDs in it. You must first move the MIDs to a new business unit.
Make sure to check out your Unmapped MIDs to understand which MIDs need to be mapped to a business unit. After your business units are defined, you can take it a step further and manage business unit permissions.
*Please note: If you need to delete a business unit, you must first click and drag the MIDs in that business unit to another business unit.